Sunday, January 22, 2012

Real Talk

Real Talk

Good Evening,

I hope all of you guys are doing well this week and I pray this new year has been good to you thus far. I usually draw my messages from situations, conversations, past experiences, reality of what I see, and so many other things inspire my messages. This week I wanted to touch on the lets keep it real phrase we use so often. The truth is guys we really haven’t been keeping it real at all. If we were then a lot of issues we face and a lot of molds we tend to fit into wouldn’t exist. Let me elaborate on what I mean, see this is a fact people respond to emotional movement from a message, person, song or whatever. We put these masks on and don’t realize we aren’t even being real with ourselves. If we were then you could be comfortable in being who you are and sticking to your beliefs. When you do this naturally you begin to draw people to you and your world if its positive and real. Once you have done that its up to us fellows to present our men with legitimate information to help them prosper in life. Yes we can only take responsibility for our actions but the truth is you can also change a life with just a word or positive action. I was talking to a good friend in my close circle today and he actually made me realize how blessed I am to have someone who can keep it REAL with me in helping me to become sharper then what I am. Somehow we have taken the word real and put images of status and upholding our dirt so to speak. The truth is keeping it real is being true to yourself and being able to recognize your flaws and grow and strive to be better. Yes I know life is life so you will be tested day in and day out. Yes your nights will be long when your mind is weighted with flesh and spiritual conflicts. Maintain stand your ground because we only get to achieve our dreams and get to that place of success when you stand firm. God doesn’t want us to be wishy washy guys with him and we cant be that way in our everyday lives. Im challenging you this evening to strive to be better then you were yesterday and lend a hand to another brother who is trying while encouraging those who don’t quite have it in prospective just yet. I cant ever say Im fulfilled as a man until I know that I have at least change one life to take a positive walk in life. Look back in your community and ask yourself I can I change the negatives that are going on in my town. Our society and our culture will continue to fail until we decide to stand up and be the men we should be and live by the standards we were designed to uphold. Tomorrow isn’t promise so make your mark today for the most important story of a man isn’t the one he tells but the one he leaves for others to tell of what they saw and heard with their own ears for him.


Quote: I am who I am for what I am shall determine where I am in the midst of learning, becoming, and mastering who I am.  ~D.Taylor


Twitter: @dtaylor0362
Email: teamsuccess@iamdrivenforsuccess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment