Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mens Message- Crippled

Crippled

Good evening fellows,
Let me wish you guys a happy new year and I pray that it’s a prosperous one for year as well. Fellows tonight I wanted to hit you with something that I to have dealt as far as addressing an issue that was holding me back. I titled this message this week as crippled because so often fellows we cripple ourselves without realizing it. We have to be more aware of what we are doing  because crippling yourself also effects others who you may love as well as those who are looking up to you. A lot of time we put so much energy in to a reputation, an image were upholding, and other illegitimate things that actually hinder us from going to that next level. Just imagine your own child or a child who looks up to you watching your every move and all you’re doing is trying to maintain a label. Fellows we have to stop doing this and be honest with ourselves in who we are and what we trying to become. Set a goal to become someone that you don’t have to hide behind or that radiates negativity because your character is what defines you. Spend time with your brother and discover who he really is and what he stands for before you cast judgment or allow your tongue to speak on a situation that involved the individual in which you have no legitimate facts to support your statements or thoughts. When we do this we breed a vicious cycle that cripples someone else and perhaps yourself as well carrying that weight. I have said this before fellows and I’ll continue to say it we have to learn to carry each other and push each other to do better. Stop be so concerned about why another person is winning in life and moving forward but support it if it is positive and try to gain knowledge from it. We can all win together instead of crippling one another and become a force, a voice, a generation of pride and focus, instead of a generation in question!


Food for thought: My thoughts are wrapped in viciousness of the tainted images of our society. My soul battles the flesh with the pressures of society pressing against the skin of my flesh and weighing on my thoughts. My steps seem to be misguided by the voices of mans view of life and painted images of what I should be. But the truth lies in my ambition to become better, do better, and strive for Gods pleasure. For as much as the world pushes he allows me to lay it at his feet and walk in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment